What to expect after getting your piercing?
Initially: Some bleeding, localised swelling, tenderness & bruising.
During healing: Some discolouration, itching, secretion of a white straw coloured fluid (not pus) that will form some crusts around the jewellery.
- Clean your piercing until it is fully healed, which can take several months depending on the placement and your body.
- Use a sterile saline spray to clean your piercing morning and night. Do this no more than twice a day.
- Moisture can lead to bacteria. Dry the area well with sterile non-woven gauze or using the cold setting on a hairdryer.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before cleaning your piercing. A piercing is an open wound and dirty hands or fingernails can transfer bacteria.
- Do not remove your jewellery during the healing process as it will begin to close immediately.
- Do not clean your piercing with chemicals such as alcohol as it could cause irritation.
- Do not turn or rotate your jewellery.
- We suggest you avoid swimming in chlorinated pool water or freshwater lakes as your piercing heals.
- Refrain from putting body creams, makeup, moisturizers, and perfumes directly on the piercing.
- Do not pull or pick the dried matter because it is attached to the healing tissue.
- Be careful not to aggravate your new piercing. Be cautious while washing and styling your hair, when putting on or removing clothing, and refrain from sleeping on a fresh piercing.
- Use a travel pillow and suspend your ear in the center opening while you sleep.
Some important things to note
Looking after your new piercing is your responsibility. Following our aftercare advice will ensure the safe and proper healing of your new piercing.
If you are worried about your piercing being infected or if you have any concerns, please come back in to see our piercers for further advice. Do not remove your piercing until medically advised to do so to avoid trapping infection in piercing channel.
If you have any concerns after a piercing, contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.