Stacked lobes are often planned at the start of a curation journey but are also a brilliant way to balance out previous poorly placed piercings which are pierced too high or low for your liking.
This guide contains information about stacked lobe piercings including the jewellery you can wear and pain levels as well as aftercare tips and healing times.
What is a stacked lobe piercing?
A stacked lobe is when there are multiple piercings at different heights on your lobes.
Sometimes they will be in vertical alignment, but they might also be designed in triangular placements or even constellation positions.
How painful is a stacked lobe piercing?
On the pain scale, stacked lobe piercings rank at a 2-3 out of 10 varying from person to person.
What jewellery can you wear in a stacked lobe piercing?
For optimum comfort due to the particularly small surface area of this placement, we would recommend wearing tiny studs in a stacked lobe piercing.
You will be pierced with a longer stud initially to allow space for swelling before sizing down for a snugger fit when healed.
Jewellery for healed stacked lobe piercings
What is the aftercare for a stacked lobe piercing?
To ensure your stacked lobe piercing heals well, we would recommend the following tips:
- Gently clean your new piercing twice daily with a sterile saline solution - we love Neilmed piercing mist. Moisture can lead to bacteria so make sure you dry the area afterwards - the cool setting on a hairdryer works well.
- Take extra care when removing clothes and styling hair to avoid snagging the jewellery.
- Sleep on the opposite side of your piercing or use a donut travel pillow.
- Avoid swimming in lakes, pools or hot tubs for 2-3 weeks while the piercing is still fresh.
- Visit your piercer for a routine check up consultation around 6 weeks after. They'll check if you need to downsize the post of your stud - downsizing can help the healing process once the initial swelling has subsided.
- And lastly, leave it alone as much as possible and let the natural healing process occur.
How long does a stacked lobe piercing take to heal?
A stacked lobe piercing can take anywhere between 3-6 months to fully heal but this varies from person to person.