Caring for your jewellery
Keep your LAURA BOND jewellery looking beautiful by following the below care tips.
- Clean your jewellery with a soft clean cloth regularly to remove residue or natural body oils.
- Avoid exposing your jewellery to chemicals - apply make-up, lotion, perfume or hairspray before putting on your jewellery as they may damage the silver or gold plated finish and cause discoloration.
- It is best to remove your silver and gold plated jewellery before showering, swimming or exercising. Chlorine, hard water or even some chemicals in soaps and shampoos can damage jewellery.
- Sterling silver, and gold plated sterling silver, like other precious metals, oxidizes over time. Clean your silver jewellery with a mild soap and water solution, and then wipe with a dry soft cloth. For silver pieces you can also use silver polishes or solutions designed specifically for silver jewellery.
- Make sure your jewellery is not exposed to air and light during storage because this can cause silver to tarnish. The best place to store it is in the Laura Bond box it comes in.